Chimichurri sauce is a classic Argentine condiment and also widely used in Brazil, made with parsley, garlic, oregano, vinegar and olive oil. It is a versatile sauce that can be used on a variety of dishes, including grilled meats, vegetables, and salads.
The exact origins of chimichurri sauce are unknown, but it is believed to have originated in Argentina in the 19th century. It is thought to have been created by gauchos, who were nomadic herdsmen who roamed the Argentine Pampas. Gauchos used chimichurri sauce to flavor their grilled meats and vegetables.
Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup (100 g) fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1 Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
2 Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3 Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Add other herbs: Cilantro, mint, or basil are all good additions to chimichurri sauce.
- Add other ingredients: Red pepper flakes, tomatoes, or chopped onion can also be added to chimichurri sauce.
- Make it spicy: Add more red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to make chimichurri sauce spicier.
- Make it milder: Reduce the amount of red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to make chimichurri sauce milder.
- Use fresh parsley for the best flavor.
- If you don’t have a food processor or blender, you can chop the parsley and garlic by hand.
- Store chimichurri sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Chimichurri sauce is a versatile sauce that can be used on a variety of dishes. Here are a few ideas:
- Grilled meats: Brush chimichurri sauce on grilled meats before grilling for extra flavor.
- Grilled vegetables: Brush chimichurri sauce on grilled vegetables for a flavorful side dish.
- Salads: Toss chimichurri sauce with your favorite salad greens for a flavorful salad dressing.
- Sandwiches: Spread chimichurri sauce on sandwiches for a flavorful and flavorful topping.
See too: Orange Curd: Citrusy Delight
Chimichurri sauce is a delicious and versatile sauce that is perfect for a variety of dishes. It is a great way to add flavor to your grilled meats, vegetables, and salads.
Follow our updates on Instagram.